* Product, service and corporate names
* Preliminary legal screening
* Linguistic evaluation
* Slogan development
* Brand signature
* Name testing
* Matching or stand-alone domain names
* Online screening and registration
The Value of Effective Brand Names
The right name is a powerful marketing tool to differentiate a brand and project a distinct brand personality across international markets. Crucial to brand success, a name shapes perception of value and quality of a product, service or corporation with respect to its intended purpose, relative to its competitors. Names must be easy to pronounce, recognizable, memorable, free of negative associations, and legally available.
In today's overcrowded marketplace of accelerating brand proliferation, finding an effective name is more difficult than ever. Generating a good name which is appropriate for international use, legally available, and which also comes with available, matching domain names in the preferred top-level domains, is akin to seeking the proverbial needle in a haystack.
A great name is reflective of the desired brand personality and worth a thousand names which seem irrelevant. The cost of communications is too high for a name to be anything less than clear, distinct, meaningful and relevant. A name sticks, and a bad choice will hamper a brand's development or kill it for good right at the start, as many an example has shown.
The right name is the cornerstone for building real brand power and value. Managed properly, a new brand name can become one of your company's most valuable assets, with an infinite life, while appreciating in value over time. Because you have just one opportunity in introducing a new name, naming should not be left to chance, conventional wisdom or employee contests.
If your answer to any of the following statements is a "yes", you might want to consider enlisting our NameSpector™ services now:
* You have not yet found the right name for your new venture
* Your business strategy has outgrown your corporate name
* Your corporate name no longer matches its marketplace positioning as a result of the implementation of a major diversification (divestment) strategy
* You need a new corporate name as a result of a merger, JV, or spin-off
* Your brand has become dated, its name, awareness and image obscure
* You plan to extend your brand to new product or geograhical markets and need new subbrand names, or entirely new names
* Your trademark search for your new name has hit upon an identical or similar mark in a key market, and the owner refuses to sell or license it to you
* You are challenged by the owner of a similar mark for infringement of his trademark rights and face the risk of losing your new brand name
* You are in need for a great domain name but can't think of any
* You have found the perfect but occupied domain name for your new e-commerce site, and are asked to pay a hefty price for the right to own it
* Your employee name contest has produced a name which everybody else on the team loves, but you know that it would be the wrong choice to make
* Your brand portfolio is a mixed bag of great and lesser names, and you feel it is time for a professional review and alignment
If you are interested in our NameSpector™ services, please contact us by phone or email.
Opportunity knocks - at the Name Auctioneers
If you are in the process of searching and evaluating new names, or just interested in a great name opportunity, don't miss our small but valuable stock of top-level domain names and registered trademarks readily available for sale or licensing.